Lexx is a Canadian Science-Fiction series written by Lex Gigeroff & Jeffrey Hirschfield, created by Paul Donovan, and produced by Salter Street Films. Lexx originally began as a series of four two-hour long made-for-TV movies. Production began on Season 1 of Lexx, also known as "Tales from a parallel universe", in 1995.
The first of the four Season 1 episodes; Lexx 1.1 "I Worship His Shadow" was released on April 11, 1997 to be followed by Lexx 1.2 "Super Nova", which was released on April 25 that same year. By fall of 1997 the last two episodes of the first season were released; Lexx 1.3 "Eating Pattern" (September 4, 1997), and Lexx 1.4 "Giga Shadow" (September 11, 1997).
After the release of Season 1, Lexx garnered a cult following and was green-lighted for a second season which began production in late 1997 and the first episode of Season 2 debuted in December 1998. Seasons 3 and 4 followed, with the final episode Lexx 4.24 "Yo Way Yo" airing on April 26, 2002.
Seasons and Episodes Edit
See Episodes for a complete list of all episodes and their plot summaries.
Cast and Crew Edit
- Paul Donovan - executive producer
- Lex Gigeroff - Writer, actor
- William Fleming - co-producer/creative producer
- Norman Denver - producer
- Wolfram Tichy - executive producer
- Willie Stevenson - creative producer
- Steven J. Turnbill - line producer
- Chris Roland - line producer: second unit
- Marty Simon - Composer
- Jeffrey Hirschfield - Writer, 790
- Brian Downey - Stanley H. Tweedle
- Eva Habermann - Zev Bellringer
- Michael McManus - Kai
- Xenia Seeberg - Xev Bellringer
- Tom Gallant - voice of The Lexx
- Ellen Dubin - Giggerota
- Barry Bostwick - Thodin
- Tim Curry - Poet Man
- Doreen Jacoby - Wist
- Rutger Hauer - Bog
- Malcolm McDowell - Yottskry
- Dieter Laser - Mantrid
- Anna Cameron - Time Prophet
- Louise Wischermann - Lyekka
- Nigel Bennett - Prince
- Patricia Zentilli - Bunny
- Rolf Kanies - Reginald J. Priest
- There are numerous TV Tropes for the series Lexx some of which are; "Alternate Universe", "Bug War", "Chess with Death", "Crapsack World", "Destructive Saviour", "Dug Too Deep", "Downer Ending", "Eagleland", "Earth Shattering Kaboom", and "Kill all humans"